Saturday, September 23. 2006
Today I completely rewrote the language stuff in grml-autoconfig. After designing a much more capabable and cleaner system I rewrote the code (e.g. removed the functions config_environment and config_keyboard which are integrated more smoothly in config_language now) and added support for Unicode/UTF-8. Now you just have to boot using 'grml lang=$LANG-utf8' and all the environment stuff is adjusted without any further manual input for you! Thanks to a new shellscript named grml-setlang it's also possible to adjust language related environment variables when booting your harddisk installation. grml-setlang also allows you to *interactive* configure your language stuff on grml. After running lots of tests I couldn't notice any problems so far - the new code should be completely backwards compatible. But I've to do some more regression testing and test X-related stuff before the new packages are going into the grml-repos (including some documentation). Expect to find the new features in the next grml develrelease (and of course in grml 0.9 afterwards ;-)).
Display comments as (Linear | Threaded)